SPICA Induction - Thermographic inspection system with inductive excitation by Intego GmbH
Detection of small or hidden cracks in metallic components
SPICA Induction: NEW IR thermographic inspection system from Intego GmbH
INTEGO GmbH develops and produces customized optical and thermographic inspection systems for production and laboratory. In addition to the already series produced PICTOR systems for classification of transmission of plastics and quality of welded joints, INTEGO has developed in 2020 the thermographic inspection system SPICA Induction for highly sensitive detection of cracks in metallic components.
Advantages of SPICA Induction
SPICA Induction enables non-destructive crack inspection without surface treatment, is fast and can be automated relatively easily. It reliably provides objective test results and also allows the defect size (crack depth) to be determined. In addition, the detection of hidden cracks is also possible. Thus, it is very well suited for fully automated inspection systems for 100% - inspection of components in the industrial production line.
Application examples of SPICA Induction
- Crack detection in metallic (sintered) parts of filters or fuel cells
- Crack detection in forged parts
- In-process crack detection of long steel products
- Surface crack detection of rails and railroad wheels
- Detection of delaminations in metallic composite materials
- Replacement of magnetic particle testing
- Crack detection in metallic areas of solar cells and modules (Fig. 1)
- Crack detection in clutch, engine and turbine components
- Detection of broken fibers in CFRP
SPICA Induction available in different system versions
INTEGO offers SPICA Induction in various system designs, ranging from low-cost benchtop systems to semi-automatic systems for laboratory use (see Fig. 2) and fully automatic inline systems suitable for integration into a large-scale production line. The spatial resolution and cycle time can be adapted to specific needs, as can the interface to automation and various statistical evaluation methods.
Dr. Dieter Karg
Fon +49 9131 61082-250
Fax +49 9131 61082-999